Annville United Christian Church (Lebanon County, PA) announces a ministry opportunity for a Pastor.
We are prayerfully seeking a servant-leader to shepherd our multigenerational congregation, hosting an average attendance of 160. With strong children, youth and family ministries, the Church is excited to grow the congregation and expand community outreach.
For the Position Summary/Job Description, see below or visit our website.
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter, resume and Statement of Faith (in video, written or both) to: [email protected]
ANNVILLE UNITED CHRISTIAN CHURCH
Job Title: Pastor
Report to: Church Board
Position: Full time, Salary
Salary/Benefits: $50,000-70,000 to include Medical Reimbursement, Retirement Match, Paid Vacation, Tuition Assistance
INTRODUCTION TO OUR CHURCH
We are looking for an additional Pastor who will cultivate an environment of spiritual growth and outreach by equipping members with the Word, engaging in ministry, and assisting in caring for the Church body through preaching, teaching, counseling and other services. The Pastor shall perform all the duties of a minister of the United Christian Church denomination as set forth in the Church Discipline.
BRIEF HISTORY OF THE CHURCH AND CURRENT MINISTRIES
The United Christian Church denomination traces their roots all the way back to the Protestant Reformation of the early 1400's and late 1500's with heavy influence from the Dutch and German Anabaptists that immigrated to the New World and would eventually branch from the United Brethren in Christ Church shortly after the Civil War in 1865. Today, the UC Church denomination consists of 8 sister churches across the rolling hills of Lebanon, Lancaster, and Dauphin Counties in central Pennsylvania. The 8 churches are comprised of many members both young and old who are closely knit into the local community and support each other in men’s/women’s, children’s/youth, and young adult ministries. Some exciting activities that Annville UC Church hosts and participates in includes weekly Sunday School and Wednesday Night Classes for all ages, Youth Group, Young Singles and Adult Small Groups, as well as annual events such as Weekend Retreats, International Missions Trips, Vacation Bible School, Campmeeting Revival Services, and a Journey to Bethlehem Live Nativity walk-through. Visit our website for more information and to see our Calendar of Events!
DESCRIPTION OF LOCAL AREA
Annville, Pennsylvania, is a quiet, historic town located in Lebanon County, approximately 20 miles east of the state capital, Harrisburg and 8 miles east of Hershey. The greater County population consists of 142,000, including the community of Annville at 5,000 and the nearby (6 miles east) City of Lebanon at 26,500. Lebanon County is home to many beautiful family farms and wilderness areas that offer ample opportunities for outdoor activities such as hiking (the Appalachian trail passes through), swimming, fishing, hunting, bike riding and camping! Quality health care is available and the area is serviced by many top-notch hospitals (Hershey Medical Center, UPMC Pinnacle, Penn Medicine, WellSpan, etc). The county hosts many excellent public and private education institutions for elementary, secondary and collegiate level students. Annville is also home to Lebanon Valley College (LVC). Furthermore, Annville is conveniently located (within a 2-3 hour drive) to the major cities of Baltimore, Philadelphia, New York and Washington DC.
- Spend time daily in prayer and studying The Word.
- Preach and teach Biblical doctrine.
- Assist with the coordination of Sunday Services and other special services or events throughout the year.
- Administer the ordinances of the church and carry out duties set forth in the Church Discipline.
- Be a model in prayer and encourage others.
- Visit and/or call those in need.
- Provide counseling to members.
- Provide leadership training, discipleship and opportunities for Christian education.
- Complete annual personal continuing education and networking with other pastors and or ministerial associations with the goal of personal growth.
- Work with Church Board to set and implement the vision of the Church with the purpose to proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ and develop stronger relationships with Him.
- Administer other services to the congregation as needed, i.e. weddings, funerals, etc.
- Cultivate relationships within the community seeking ministry and service opportunities.
- Support church ministries and those leading them (i.e. Children’s/Youth Ministry, Men’s/Women’s Ministry, Missions Ministry, etc.) providing a united approach to the vision of the church.
- Attend social events as necessary to actively participate in the church body.
- Seek ways to improve effectiveness of church ministries.
- Live a life in agreement with 1 Timothy 3.
- Must demonstrate honesty and integrity.
- Maintain faithfulness in carrying out his duties.
- Be accountable to those he serves.
- Full-time position expected to devote at least 40 hours per week beyond Sunday Morning worship.
- Ability to communicate ideas clearly in both written and oral formats.
- Ability to engage, interact with and understand members. Excellent listening skills.
- Ability to plan and organize one’s own activities.
- Knowledge and use of Mac/PC computer software such as Microsoft Office Suite products.