Senior Pastor – Whitehall Methodist Church – Louisville, MS
Servants of God, Serving His People, Spreading God’s Word, Sharing His Love.
Whitehall Methodist Church located in Louisville, Mississippi is seeking a Senior Pastor that meets both the spiritual and personal qualifications outlined in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-9 and who strives to exemplify the fruit of the Spirit found in Galatians 5:22-23. The Senior Pastor must live as a committed disciple of Christ and a student of the Bible. The Senior Pastor must love people and relate to people of all ages and from a variety of socio-economic backgrounds. As the leader of Whitehall, it is also important to lead with sincerity, humility and with a passionate drive to provide pastoral care for the needs of both the congregation and community.
The role of the Pastor is to assist the Elders in overseeing the life and direction of the church. The Pastor is expected to have a firm grasp on the purpose, values, and strategy of the church as stated in the church mission statement. The mission of the church will be used as a guide for the Pastor to provide pastoral leadership to the lay staff, congregation, and key leadership teams. The policy of the church has been developed over time and the Pastor will ensure all systems and practices effectively support the church’s mission.
The Pastor will guide Whitehall to fulfill the Great Commission in activities promoting fellowship within the Body for the purpose of growing the Body, glorifying God, and mobilizing the church on missions locally in the Whitehall Community, Winston County, and internationally.
Whitehall Church is looking for a licensed and ordained Methodist Pastor to shepherd the church with the Bible as foundation for all truth. This includes belief in salvation through faith alone, and lead the church in Gospel proclamation, covenant membership and reproducing discipleship. The pastor should demonstrate high moral character, integrity and uphold the precepts of biblical singleness and marriage. The Pastor should adhere to scripture based in the Wesleyan traditions and theology. At the same time clearly rejecting non-biblical cultural trends and a progressive agenda. Likewise, the Pastor must exhibit a desire to cooperate with congregations from varied church backgrounds while faithfully articulating a mission, vision, values, and strategy that fulfill the Great Commission and bring glory to God.
Whitehall Methodist Church is looking for a Pastor meeting the following requirements:
- Born again believer in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior with a clearly articulated testimony of his/her personal conversion and a demonstrated commitment as a follower of Christ
- Ability to communicate a clear calling to serve the Lord in Pastoral Ministry
- Have a minimum of 2-years’ experience in church ministry
- Demonstrated commitment to expository preaching (2 Timothy 2:15)
- Public speaking proficiency (proven clear and effective communicator)
- Theological perspective aligning with the Wesleyan/Methodist
- Serve as primary preaching and teaching pastor delivering Sunday sermons
- Plan and lead Sunday worship services
- Lead the ordinances of Baptism and the Lords Supper
- Provide premarital counseling and officiate weddings
- Visit the sick and officiate funerals
- Visit members and prospective church attendees
- Provide biblical-based spiritual counseling
- Lead in effective evangelistic outreach to the lost
- Develop a body of Elders to assist with the ministries of the church
- Cooperate with local and state denominational leaders in matters of mutual interest and concern
- Collaborate with local Methodist Pastors in effort to build unity across the community
- Disciple and grow the local body
- Encourage, support and lead both local and international missions
- Ensure the pulpit is supplied with a qualified preacher on any Sunday he/she is not in attendance
- Lead two Bible studies and/or additional services weekly
- Organize revivals, normally 1 per year
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $40,000 plus parsonage package
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Weekend availability
- Sunday mornings and nights
- Wednesday nights
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Louisville, MS 39339: Planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Minimum High school diploma (Required)