Position Summary: The ministry position described here will provide the church with inspiration and guidance for the growth and development of an effective music ministry within the church. This position works with the Minister of Music in planning and directing the worship services music programs and ministries of the church.
Position Title: Keyboardist/Pianist Church: Friendship United Methodist Church
Reports to: Minister of Music Status: Part-time
- Assist Minister of Music with consistent, quality worship service experiences.
- Participate in worship planning for worship services.
- Support vision and direction of the church.
- Work with the Minster of Music to ensure services are organized and the team has what they need.
- Supports other ministries of the church as needed/requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Attributes, and Experience Required:
- A personal walk with Jesus.
- Excellent musician/performer/leader
- Positive attitude.
- Skilled Vocalist
- Skilled Musician - Keyboardist/Pianist
- Troubleshooting keyboard hardware (interfaces, software, audio drivers, etc) - Preferred
- Basic music theory
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Cultivates innovation
- Ensures accountability
- Drives vision and purpose