Assist in preaching/teaching ministry; disciple youth by teaching and mentoring; help oversee Congregational Care and Small Group ministries.
This community-oriented, worshipping church in the beautiful mountains of north Georgia seeks a gifted leader who can inspire God’s people through biblical, Christ-centered teaching and sermons; who has a passion and ability to lead, encourage, and disciple youth; and who has a heart for the congregation and surrounding community. The Assistant Pastor is responsible/accountable to the Senior Pastor and the Elder Board. This staff member coordinates with the Senior Pastor to assist in the preaching/teaching ministry at Trinity with approximately 175 in attendance. This staff member is also responsible for teaching and discipling youth (grades 6 12) and for planning and leading the Youth Ministry with approximately 12-15 in attendance.
Trinity Church was founded to be centered on the Word, active in the community and reaching to the world. We are focused on worshipping God, learning and doing His Word, and serving the cause of Christ. It’s a place for loving relationships and spiritual growth. It’s a church, trying to be the kind of church Jesus intended.
The primary objectives for this position are to (1) assist in the preaching/teaching ministry (2) disciple Trinity youth by teaching the Word and building mentoring relationships (3) help oversee Congregational Care and Small Group ministry.
1) Preaching Ministry (25%)
• Preach approximately once a month.
• Work with the Senior Pastor on the preaching content and schedule.
2) Youth Ministry (50%)
• Teach Wednesday night youth service messages.
• Lead discipleship program for all youth.
• Provide overall direction and leadership for the youth ministry.
• Plan and oversee youth ministry activities and programs that will encourage spiritual growth and relational connection.
• Build partnerships with churches, schools, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, Young Life and homeschooling networks to reach new youth and to grow the Youth Ministry (including community youth events).
• Build relationships with parents and families at Trinity.
• Supervise and mentor any youth ministry volunteers.
• Plan camp and other regular social activities for teens.
3) Congregational Care (25%)
• Assist with congregational calls and visits.
• Track visitors to prospective members.
• Coordinate with Trinity Small Group leaders regarding members and curriculum.
• Meet weekly with church staff team.
• Mature Christian walk and commitment to Trinity’s vision, values and beliefs
• Seminary Master’s Degree preferred
• Ability to lead, set vision and objectives, and encourage ministry volunteers
• Gifted in leadership and teaching the Word
• Ability to care and counsel
• Experience in youth ministry and church ministry
• Passion for reaching and discipling youth
• Ability to lead, encourage, and shepherd youth
• Continue in spiritual growth and moral integrity
• Maintain consistent commitment to prayer and Scripture
• Maintain strong marriage/family (if married)
• Be connected in community at Trinity Church
• Defend the doctrinal positions of Trinity Church
Support (what Trinity Church provides)
• Full-time salary (40 hours/week)
• Optional retirement plan
• Resources (office, books, computer, office supplies, etc.)
• Budget for youth ministry
• Mentoring and support from Senior Pastor
• Vacation as negotiated
$75,000 - $85,000 annually, commensurate with education and experience.
HOW TO APPLY
2685 Steve Tate Highway
Marble Hill, GA 30148