Introduction to LifeSpring Christian Church
LifeSpring Christian Church has been located in the North College Hill suburb of Cincinnati since 1969. A nondenominational church following the principles established by the Restoration Movement, LifeSpring calls on Christians saved through the sacrifice of Jesus to live by the teaching of the Bible and to join God in bringing a broken world into a full and eternal relationship with Him.
The LifeSpring congregation is comprised of people of different ages, ethnicities, socioeconomic statuses, and interests. Weekly worship includes one traditional service and two contemporary services on Sunday mornings. Average attendance is about 450, including 3 worship services plus Children's and Youth Ministry programs.
Worship Pastor Overview
The Worship Pastor oversees all worship volunteers including vocalists, instrumentalists, and the audio/visual production team. They set the tone and example of worshipping God as the primary focus of the community music experience. They partner with the other ministerial staff and volunteers who organize different aspects of the Sunday morning worship experience. Ideally, they would be able to plan and lead traditional and contemporary style worship music.
This position requires a person who is passionate about worshipping God, is able to build a like-minded team of musicians and is a strong and proven leader with excellent organizational skills.
Worship Pastor | Detailed Job Description
REPORTS TO: Lead Pastor
HOURS: Full-Time (possibly Part-Time if desired by candidate)
The Worship Pastor at LifeSpring Christian Church is responsible for organizing the overall experience at our Sunday worship gatherings and special worship events. This includes leading the music during services plus assuring a meaningful worship experience by all participants at LifeSpring worship gatherings. They are responsible for developing effective worship teams and fostering a healthy culture of worship throughout the congregation. Knowledge and experience leading worship across a broad range of music styles is needed to engage the variety of age, race, ethnicity, and background of the people in the LifeSpring community.
- Effectively lead volunteers and the congregation to praise and honor God through music as LifeSpring gathers to worship.
- Demonstrate and encourage a growing personal lifestyle of Biblical worship. Help promote integrity and authentic worship amongst team members, LifeSpring staff and the congregation
- Recruit, train, oversee, and inspire vocalists, instrumentalists and audio/visual production team members
- Keep musical sound, projection and recording equipment operational and available for use during Sunday services and other events (e.g., weddings, funerals, special events).
- Ensure high quality streaming and recording of Sunday worship service.
- Have an intimate and growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Be fully committed to living a godly life both in public and private. A person of character and demonstrated lifestyle of integrity consistent with principles of leadership (1 Tim. 3:1-7)
- Agree with and support beliefs and practices of LifeSpring Christian Church
- Talented singer and song leader in front of a congregation
- Music theory able to adjust song arrangements to accommodate musician’s talents
- Intermediate skill level or higher on at least one musical instrument (Formal musical training helpful but not critical if highly gifted and talented)
- Discernment in music selection, to lead theologically accurate songs with lyrics that praise God
- Excellent organizing skills and able to plan, schedule and communicate effectively to coordinate the efforts of several dozen volunteers
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (music, Christian ministry) is a plus
PREFERRED PROFESSIONAL KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
Music & Production Multifaceted knowledge of:
- Experience using graphics/communication, planning/scheduling, presentation and church database software
- Soundboard, video/livestream, projection, microphone, in-ear monitors, recording equipment, etc.
- Music production in various genres