Last Reviewed: November 2020
Chapel Hill Bible Church exists to glorify God by being transformed by the Gospel: our lives, our cities, and our world.
The Connections Director plays the critical role of guiding newcomers toward membership and our spiritual formation ministries. Given CHBC’s location in a transitory region, there are always new people to our church who need to be oriented to our ministry offerings. Therefore, the Connections Director leads and oversees the welcome and hospitality ministry at CHBC, to help newcomers feel loved and to plug them into community.
- Implement CHBC's assimilation strategy in line with the vision of the Community Pastor.
- Creat a welcoming experience for Sunday morning guests to CHBC.
- Shepherd newcomers along the assimilation path so they are relationally brought into our church community.
- Maintain a current database of newcomers, and their progress in plugging intot he church.
- Assure that newcomers are informed of the next steps to take and opportunites to get plugged in.
- Run Connections events and gatherings that will facilitate newcomers getting to know the ministry staff, and the ministry staff getting to know them.
- Equip volunteers and empower lay leaders in all facets of Connections ministry.
- Establish a cluture of hospitality at CHBC.
- Play an active role on the Ministry Staff, including attending weekly meetings.
- Assist in the shepherding of CHBC members as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by the Community Pastor or Executive Pastor.
SUPERVISOR: Community Pastor
DIRECTLY SUPERVISES: Aministrative Assistant
TEAM(S): Ministry Staff Connections, Teams, Worship Planning Team
STATUS: Part-Time, Hourly
HOW TO APPLY:
To learn more and complete our application, go to this website: https://biblechurch.org/connections-director/. We will follow up with those who have complete the application via the website only.
You can learn more about Chapel Hill Bible Church by visiting biblechurch.org and biblechurch.life.