Holly Springs UMC, in Holly Springs NC, is a growing congregation seeking a part-time director for our 11:00 am traditional worship service choir. This position is empowered to enrich worship through their music ministry and will average 6 -10 hours per week based on the church season.
The choir is currently not practicing due to Covid but shares a common focus of helping the church worship Christ each Sunday. Currently, this position supports our virtual worship, coordinates special music and works with the Church Accompanist. The next step for this position is to plan for the choir post-vaccines.
If you are interested in this opportunity, or for more information, please submit your inquiry to Rev. Jim Littleton at email@example.com or at (919) 557-3467.
● Nurtures the spiritual growth of choir members.
● Directs the 11:00 am Chancel Choir and leads the accompanist and volunteer choir members.
● Rehearses with the Choir once during the week and briefly before performances.
● Teaches choral techniques to provide continued growth of choir member abilities.
● Participates in conversations with the Pastor to discuss music programs. Researches and recommends appropriate music for 11:00 worship services and special services (Ash Wednesday, Christmas Eve, etc.) that connect with worship/sermon themes.
● Reports music used to our copyright license coverage provider, One License and/or CCLI.
● Coordinate with the AV/Livestream Team.
● Recruit choir members as we reconnect post-covid.
● Coordinate special music as needed.
● Purchases music as needed.
● Attends Worship Committee Meetings (3-5 per year).
Hours and Time Off:
● Time Sheets must be turned in bi-weekly.
● We encourage you to take off 4 Sunday’s per year, excluding key Sundays such as Easter and Christmas Eve.
● Experience in conducting choral music.
● Music degree or equivalent experience.
● Ability to coordinate with the accompanist and volunteers.
● Familiarity with Methodist worship format preferred, but not required.
● Strong organization and planning skills.
● Confident vocalist.
Direct Supervisor: Senior Pastor who does the annual evaluation, and this person collaborates with the Pastor on setting annual ministry goals/outcomes.
Reports to: Pastor and Staff Pastor Parish Relations Committee