CHILDREN MINISTRY DIRECTOR, MARIETTA GEORGIA
Kenyan American Community Church
771 Elberta Drive
Marietta, GA 30066
Kenyan American Community Church is recruiting director of the Children Ministry. We currently have 100 -120 children in the children ministry. This position has immediate availability. This is a part time salaried position.
Reporting directly to the Pastor, and under the broad supervision of the Children Advisory Council, the director will work at least 20 hours a week. This will include 15 hours of planning and program coordination during the week and 5 hours on Sunday, a total of 80 hours a month.
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF CHILDREN MINISTRY DIRECTOR
- Establish and maintain relationships of trust with children, parents, and volunteers in the church and in the community.
- Oversee children’s ministry activities from nursery through elementary school.
- Establish goals for ministry programs and maintain a safe environment for children to learn and grow spiritually.
- Identify and empower teachers throughout the year by nurturing and providing continued training and development in the children’s ministry.
- Vision, plan, and implement Children’s Ministry events. These include but not limited to Easter, Vacation Bible School and Christmas.
- Establish and manage children ministry budget in collaboration with administration (Finance Dept.) to assure prudent utilization of resources.
- Plan and execute high-quality, developmentally appropriate faith formation experiences.
- Create and nurture a culture of inclusion, recognizing the diversity of our members and community.
QUALIFICATIONS OF KACC CHILDREN MINISTRY DIRECTOR
- Must be:
- A Christian, well-grounded in faith and knowledgeable in the word of God
- A regular churchgoer, passionate and commitment for children ministry.
- Competent in working in a culturally diverse setting
- Experienced in nurturing, teaching, inspiring, and managing a broad age range of children
- Must be dependable and have means of transportation
- Must have:
- At least 3 years of experience in children’s ministry, teaching, and/or management.
- Knowledgeable in child psychology.
- 1 - 2 years administrative experience.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Innovative and creative approaches to teaching curriculum.
- Good interpersonal and communications skills
- Basic computer skills.
- Strong conflict resolution skills.
The interviewing period is now open. An attractive salary will be offered to the selected candidate.
Please submit resume and cover letter to Personnel Chair.