Crossroads Church in Jackson, MO is in search of our next Lead Pastor. This individual will be the primary communicator in preaching and teaching and will provide visionary leadership direction to best prepare the church for ministry. He will prioritize prayer and the ministry of the Word to glorify Christ by multiplying disciples and reaching unchurched new generations. He will lead and equip staff and volunteer leaders in the church to carry out effective ministry by living and proclaiming the gospel of Jesus Christ! The Lead Pastor will also be the primary staff liaison and voting member of the church leadership team.
What you’ll be doing:
- Primary pastoral responsibility for the church
- Equip and manage church staff to best meet ministry needs
- Lead the vision of the church
- Develop relationships with the congregation, new members, and community
- Provide counseling regarding spiritual and personal concerns
- Develop leaders
- Train people to be disciples and equip them for evangelism and service
- Work toward ministry goals with leadership team and staff
Skills you’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in a ministry-related field preferred
- Five years of pastoral ministry experience desired
- Prioritizes God, family, and church
- Cooperation with the Leadership Team and staff
- Strong leadership and discipleship skills
- Love for people and God’s word
- A heart to reach the unchurched
About Crossroads Church:
Crossroads Church is a contemporary congregation located in Cape Girardeau County, Missouri which is a major hub located halfway between St. Louis, MO and Memphis, TN.
With a special heart for the unchurched New Generations, we meet everyone at the crossroads of life where we pursue a deep connection to the Lord and to others.