There is an immediate opening for a Pastor at Holiday Island Community Church, an interdenominational congregation located in the beautiful mountains of North West Arkansas. The church has approximately 160 members from multiple denominations. The position requires a Divinity degree from a school accredited by the Association of Theology and a minimum of eight years of experience as a Pastor in a church. The Pastor must exemplify personal spritual growth and integrity.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Conducting Sunday morning worship services
- Coordinating special Lent, Christmas Eve and memorial services
- Teaching occasional Bible Studies
- Attending monthly Administrative Council meetings and other ministry meetings as appropriate
- Pastoral care and Discipleship including counseling, visiting shut-ins and hospitalized members
- Being visible in the community through involvement in activities
- Partnering with the congregation to grow church membership
The Pastor must have the ability to demonstrate both the theological understanding of the Bible, and the leadership necessary to be a "Shepherd" of the congregation. The skill set of the Pastor should include preaching biblically sound sermons that encourage a growing relationshop with and service to the Lord, a leadership and supervisory style that builds teamwork, the ability to encourage inter-generational interactions among church members, effective planning and organizational skills, and an open and engaging personality that stems from a genuine interest in others and the desire to be God's person in every situation.
Cover letter and resume may be emailed to:firstname.lastname@example.org
Pastoral Search Committee
Holiday Island Community Church
P.O. Box 3055
Holiday Island, AR 72631
Please contact the Church Office with any questions: 479-253-8200
Note: Our church follows the CDC Covid guidelines; social distancing and masks required.