The First Christian Church of Pittsfield, Illinois is searching for a capable and energetic Youth Minister to join our ministry staff. Located in the rural west-central town of Pittsfield, we are a non-denominational church with roots in the Stone-Campbell Restoration Movement, and part of Disciple Heritage Fellowship. We are a multi-generational church with a blended worship style. The average in-person attendance (post-Covid) is currently around 250. We have tremendous facilities including a full gymnasium. We use the "Orange" philosophy and currently have 30-50 active in our middle and high school ministries with a strong core of volunteers.
The Youth Minister at FCC will provide leadership in all areas of middle and high school ministry and support in the area of children's ministry. The main goal for this role is the development of a Christ-like character in all of our youth and youth leaders and to enhance our outreach into the community so that others will come to know Jesus as
Savior and Lord. The ideal applicant will be a team player who is able to lead with a servant's heart. The applicant must be in agreement with the beliefs and doctrine of FCC.
- Development, implementation, and coordination of all areas of Youth Ministries and Programs for middle and high school.
- Be responsible for developing and implementing a yearly Youth Ministry budget.
- Support for Children's Ministry team.
- Recruitment and training of volunteer staff.
- Occasional opportunities to preach as pulpit fill.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Lead Pastor and Elders
- Recognized calling to vocational ministry
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- A heart and passion for God's people with an emphasis on youth.
- A 4-year degree from a Christian College and previous experience with counseling youth and interacting with families is preferred, but other relevant experience and degree will be considered.
Compensation will be determined by the Executive Committee according to the candidate's experience and qualifications.
Apply by submitting resume to firstname.lastname@example.org