Job Title: Youth Pastor
Reports To: Lead Pastor
Department: Youth Ministry (Middle School – High School)
Job Type: Part-time to Full-time
Salary: Depends on Experience
The Youth Pastor is committed to the mission of Trinity Church in helping our youth live for God’s purpose. The mission is accomplished as the Youth Pastor seeks God, serves our youth, disciples in love and truth, and organizes for the future.
More specifically, the Youth Pastor is responsible for biblical teaching, pastoral care, evangelism and discipleship, leadership training and recruitment, and ministry planning for Middle and High School students. The Youth Pastor also works with the Young Adult Pastor and Lead Pastor to transition teens into the young adult ministry community.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees and leads students with a special view of furthering Trinity Church’s vision and goals in the areas of prayer, worship, life groups, discipleship, and evangelism:
- Provides, teaches and encourages Christ-centered Worship.
- Communicates the message of faith in and healing through Jesus Christ to college students with a goal of seeing people restored to God.
- Disciples young adults through personal connection, life group ministries, Bible Study and large group meetings;
- Models, teaches and provides opportunities for prayer;
- Fosters belonging and fellowship amongst students so that relationships develop which are conducive to spiritual growth.
- Creates opportunities for and encourages students to volunteer.
- Cultivates healthy relationships between students and parents.
- Provides leadership by planning, preparing and implementing programs, curriculum and ministry goals:
- Assesses the needs.
- Finds appropriate curriculums.
- Recruits, trains, develops and regularly evaluates youth leaders.
- Schedules regular meetings with Youth Leaders and arranges special events as needed.
- Provides opportunities for students to develop their giftedness and ministry skills.
- Submits an annual operating budget and stewards the approved budget.
- Ensures that Trinity Church Minor’s guidelines and all legal and safety requirements are followed.
- Conducts a comprehensive annual evaluation of the program.
- Works interdependently with other ministry leaders and staff, participating in regular staff meetings.
- Communicates clearly with pastoral team.
- Keeps informed of youth related ministry needs within the community.
- Represents the needs of the youth to the lead pastor.
- Performs other miscellaneous ministry duties, as may be required.
The Youth Pastor has a desire to build strong relationships with students and lead them into an authentic relationship with Christ. The ideal candidate has great people skills to positively influence and work alongside students and parents. The ideal candidate also has proven ministry skills to implement a high level of discipleship and evangelism with students.
Experience and Age:
Previous experience in ministry preferred, but not required. The candidate will have a proven record in connecting with students and equipping them for an authentic relationship with Christ. Age is not as important as maturity, but generally we are looking for someone in their 20’s-30’s.
It is preferred, but not required that the candidate have at least a bachelor’s degree with some formal Bible training from a Bible college or seminary.
Personal and Character Traits:
The candidate should be a Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) mature Christian who loves Christ and loves people. If married, the candidate’s spouse must be willing to become an active part of the church.
The candidate should be a strong, energetic leader with a vision for reaching students. The candidate should also be a supportive team player, encouraging team builder, and enthusiastic teammate in the overarching vision of Trinity Church. The candidate should be in line with our doctrine and core beliefs as a Pentecostal church, including the Assemblies of God 16 tenets of faith.
The candidate should also:
- have excellent interpersonal skills
- be dependable.
- be more relational than task-oriented, but also effectively execute the administrative requirements for the position.
- be balanced, open and accessible.
- be committed to long-term youth ministry.
- desire to genuinely become a member and part of ministry at Trinity Church and our church family.
- be loyal, a servant leader, and have a shepherd’s heart for students.