Children’s Ministry Associate Director
Our tagline “More Than Sunday” means that we are committed to helping people live out their faith anywhere and everywhere, all week long. First Presbyterian Church of Glen Ellyn (First Pres) is an active, Christ-centered community seeking to prioritize the life of discipleship through worship, service and missions, small groups, children and family programs, and the study of God’s word. We strive to provide people with greater opportunities for spiritual growth, authentic community, and the chance to daily fulfill God’s call to love and serve others.
First Pres is seeking a talented, enthusiastic Children’s Ministry Associate Director (CMAD). The CMAD is responsible for assisting the Children’s Ministry Director (CMD) in leading and managing the Children’s Ministry at First Pres. He or she must have a growing faith, a heart for children, and have experience with recruiting and retaining volunteers. The CMAD works closely with and reports to the CMD. Actual number of hours a week is flexible based upon qualified candidate(s) availability.
There is tremendous potential for success in this position supporting the Children’s Ministry of a thriving church. The quality Biblical teaching, excellent staff and pastoral team, robust adult, family and missions’ opportunities and talented worship programming make up a vibrant, growing, God-centered community.
As the Children’s Ministry Associate Director, you will assist in overseeing the major programs of our ministries. This includes Kids Church, Spark, VBS, and other various special events. The details for each are below.
Kids Church Coordination:
- Assist the CMD in giving spiritual and organizational leadership to the Kids Church program, with a focus on Kids Church for 1st-5th grade.
- Assist the CMD and Children’s Ministry Leadership Team (CMLT) in recruiting and training volunteers for Kids Church.
- Take the lead on vision and execution of growth strategies for Kids Church, 1st-5th grade.
- Teach Kids Church for 1st-5th grade one Sunday per month and be present for special Sundays.
- When attending church, check-in on Kids Church at arrival or dismissal
- Prepare weekly lesson plans for Kids Church based on existing curriculum
- Prepare and organize supplies used for Kids Church
- Maintain consistent communication with parents keeping them informed about programming.
- Communicate effectively with volunteers and also assist in coordinating any recognition events to show appreciation.
SPARK, VBS, and Events Coordination:
- Assist the CMD in spiritual and organizational leadership for Spark, VBS, and other special events.
- Support the Spark and VBS leadership teams, as necessary.
- Assist the CMD and CMLT in recruiting and training volunteers for Spark, VBS, and other events.
- Assist CMD and volunteers in preparing materials for Spark, VBS and Events.
- Be present at Spark weekly and VBS annually.
- Communicate with parents and keep them informed about our programs.
- Communicate with volunteers, schedule and show appreciation to the volunteer team.
- Manage spreadsheets, registration and parent follow up for these programs.
- Maintain organization of Spark, VBS and special events supplies.
– Attend Children’s Ministry Leadership Team meetings monthly
– Assist in other Children’s Ministry tasks where time allows
- A growing faith
- Experience volunteering or working with children, preferably in a church setting
- Experience with recruiting and training volunteers
- Ability to work well with both adults and children
- Strong organizational skills
- A collaborative spirit
Hours and Compensation: Based on experience and availability: $20/hour. Up to 25 hours per week, with the possibility of a job share. We are flexible to work with the needs of the right candidate.
Reports to: Children’s Ministry Director
Location: Glen Ellyn, IL
How to Apply: Please send your cover letter, resume and 2 references to HR@firstpresge.org or call the church for further questions at 630-469-2007.