Advanced search


Lead Musician & Organist/Keyboardist

Victorious Believers Ministries COGIC 624 South Outer Drive, Michigan, United States
 

Experience

:

Any experience

Salary

:

TBD

Job Type :

:

Part-time

Job category

:

Music Ministry

Apply before :

:

Thu Nov 04, 2021
Posted Date

:

Tue Oct 05, 2021

Job Denomination

:   Pentecostal Church

Job Summary

Job Description






Job Description







Position title: Lead Musician & Organ/keyboardist
Reports to: Music Director 

Principle Function A skillful born-again musician to minister the gospel through contemporary and traditional Christian/gospel music. The organist/keyboardist is responsible for playing for congregational services, the choirs, accompanying musical groups, the pastor and assisting in other musical activities in the church (onsite and offsite). Work in harmony with the Music Director, Music Department and leaders of the church to fulfill the Pastor’s vision as it relates to the ministry of music and overall mission of the church.

Specific List of Responsibilities:
● Play for all services of the church, both regular and special as directed by the Pastor and Music Director. This includes funerals conducted in the sanctuary as well as other occasions when an organist is needed. Play for special church-sponsored events such as evangelistic outreach, fine arts, etc. when requested. This includes learning the music and attending special and necessary rehearsals leading up to the production. Accompany choir rehearsals (Echoes of Praise, Youth, Children, special days choir) as directed by the Music Director. Work with the Music Director (or designee) to prepare music material for choir rehearsals. (Weddings must be arranged separately between the wedding party and musician)
● Accompany the pastor to special engagements upon request.
● Assist, when requested by the Music Director, in planning and directing a training program to develop organists/keyboardists (and other band members).
● Practice regularly and attend band rehearsals to prepare to accompany musical groups, including the Praise Team or special events/activities requiring music.
● Assist the Music Director in ensuring that the organ/keyboards (other musical equipment) are in good working order and up to date. Promptly notify the Music Director if any repairs/maintenance is needed for the organ/keyboard or other musical instruments.
● Assist the Music Director and Choir President with teaching the choir(s) new material as requested.
● If a singer, assist with serving as worship leader when requested by Music Director
● Assist the Music Director in preparing for sound checks before worship services and special events.
● Perform other duties as assigned by the Music Director or Office of the Pastor.
● Become a member of Victorious Believers Ministries.
● Coordinate weekly band rehearsals with musicians outside of regular choir rehearsal
● Mandatory attendance required on major service days including Vision Day, Pastoral Anniversary, Men & Women’s Weekend and any other days designated by pastor. Other General/Personal Responsibilities:
● Maintain a vital and growing personal walk with the Lord through committed bible study, prayer and meditation.
● Faithfully attend services and teaching ministries.
● Financially support the work of VBM by faithfully tithing (10% of your income). Maintain wise stewardship measures over the remaining 90%. ● Promote and support the overall vision of the Pastor to all music participants.

TO APPLY:
1. By email: Send cover letter, resume and 3 references (i.e. phone, email, affiliation) to: humanresources@victoriousbelievers.com
2. By mail: Victorious Believers Ministries 624 S. Outer Drive, Saginaw, MI 48601 ATTN: Board of Directors.
3. Deadline: November 1, 2021 (or until position filled).
4. No calls accepted at this time. Email inquiries only.
5. For more information about the ministry, visit: www.victoriousbelievers.com.

Keyskills

Not Mentioned