GRACE CHURCH LOUISVILLE
Location: Louisville, Kentucky
The Role: The Lead Pastor serves as the chief leader of Grace Church and will give broad oversight to the pastors/elders, ministry, and staff. Important to this role is establishing and casting vision, overseeing church in general, and being the primary preacher/teacher. The Lead Pastor will be among the team of pastors/elders who hold each other accountable.
Meet Grace Church:
Grace Church is a place where people can meet Jesus, engage in life-giving community, and everyone is welcome. We believe in creating a space where people can have authentic encounters with Christ, discover their gifts and use them for God's glory.
Our Vision: We exist to join God on His mission to seek and save the Lost.
Our Mission: Loving Jesus, Loving people, and advancing the Gospel.
Our Values: Grace Church desires to:
- Gather for Worship
- Live in Community
- Seek & Save the Lost
- Invest in Families
- Develop leaders
Our Next Steps: We believe every person’s spiritual life will grow as they:
- Worship Consistently.
- Join a Community Group.
- Serving Faithfully.
- Give Generously.
- Speak the Gospel.
Meet the Lead Pastor:
In this role, the Lead Pastor will give broad oversight to the pastors, ministry, and staff. Important to this role is establishing and casting vision, overseeing church in general, and being the primary preacher/teacher. The ideal candidate must be someone who loves Jesus, loves people, and wants to see the advancement of the Gospel. They will be on board with the culture of Grace while championing the vision of seeking and saving the Lost.
The Lead Pastor Role Will:
- Develop a strong rapport with the church family, pastors/elders, church leaders, volunteers, and staff.
- Give broad oversight to the Staff and growing spiritually and in leadership.
- Deliver relevant, thought-provoking, and exegetical weekend messages always aware of those in attendance.
What You Bring:
Education & Experience
Seminary degree or equivalent education is a priority for the future Lead Pastor.
This person would also have five to ten years of proven experience in being a visionary leader, shepherding and equipping people, and strong preaching skills.
- Christ Follower - They must have a love for Christ and a desire to continue taking Next Steps in their relationship with Him.
- Love Grace Church - They must be fully on board with Grace Church's vision and mission to “seek and save the lost through loving Jesus, loving people, and advancing the Gospel”, support their values, and be comfortable with the plurality of pastors/elders.
- Leader of leaders - Leadership is influence. They will use their influence to help guide others as they work with Elder Board, Deacons, Ministry Team Leaders and volunteers to build their own teams and spheres of influence.
- Character - They will be setting an example for others in this role. As such, they will need to exhibit a Godly character as found in 1 Timothy and Titus for pastors/elders.
- Relational -They will be working with many individuals and teams.
What it's like to live in Louisville, Kentucky:
Louisville is a growing city in Kentucky with a population of over 600,000. Louisville is in Jefferson County and is one of the best places to live in Kentucky. Living in Louisville offers residents a suburban feel. In Louisville, there are a lot of restaurants and parks. Many families and young professionals live in Louisville and residents tend to have moderate political views.
Become a candidate here or by sending your resume to email@example.com