The primary responsibilities of the Young Adults Pastor are to:
1. Lead, shepherd and disciple Young Adults in alignment with:
• FD's Mission of "calling each other to live out our God-given purpose in Christ every day."
• The other elements of FD's Vision Frame (Values, Strategy and Measures).
• FD’s 10-year Vision of becoming a training and launching ground for more than 10,000 men
and women to discover and live out their unique, God-given, Kingdom purpose in Christ.
2. Serve on FD’s Preaching Team and preach 8-12 times per year.
Other responsibilities include:
1. Gather and shepherd all Young Adult members monthly (at least)
2. Develop relationships with and coach leaders of Young Adults Life Groups
3. Activate Young Adults into their God-given purpose, including by becoming a Younique Coach
4. Build and lead a Ministry Leadership Team through which the ministry can be given away
5. Master, champion and advocate for FD’s Vision and Vision Frame
6. Develop strategies for a “going to them” approach to reaching and engaging Young Adults
7. Provide pastoral care for Young Adults and serve on FD’s On-Call Team
8. Lead and participate in the connecting pathway for Young Adults
9. Plan and execute events that draw those outside the ministry as well as those already involved
10. Ensure there is an effective strategy for engaging Young Adults through social media
Young Adults Pastor Job Description Created 8/31/21
1. A love for, devotion to, and abiding in Jesus Christ that spills over into all domains of life and
2. Passion and support for the Vision and Vision Frame of Fellowship Dallas
3. A passion for the next generation
4. Preaching/teaching gift, skills and experience
5. Proven leadership, organizational and communication skills necessary for the role
6. Ability to identify, train and equip leaders to lead and disciple Young Adults
7. Relevant to, aware of, and “fluent” in the cultures that Young Adults live in
8. Relational, engaging, energetic, genuine, emotionally intelligent, and self-aware
9. College degree
10. Prior ministry experience in large church setting preferred