Director of Worship Ministry
Covenant Community Church (CCC) in Vacaville, CA is seeking a creative and dynamic individual who is passionate about leading others to Jesus Christ through an inspirational worship ministry. The Director of Worship Ministry collaborates with CCC staff and volunteers to lead members and visitors to join in CCC's mission to Celebrate God, Connect with Others, and Change the World.
The Director of Worship Ministry (DWM) is a part-time position that will be responsible for planning and leading weekly and special worship services for CCC. The DWM will oversee the worship band, production team, and ministry volunteers. He/She will report to the Pastor/Head of staff and supervise the Production Lead. The DWM will collaborate with other staff members in the planning and implementation of worship services. The DWM will be required to attend and lead the worship ministry team in weekly services, participate in staff meetings, and schedule and lead worship team members in weekly rehearsals. The position will work up to 20 hours per week and salary will be dependent upon experience.
The Director of Worship Ministry should have:
- a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and have the ability to communicate the gospel of Jesus Christ through a variety of worship experiences
- strong musical and vocal skills
- the ability to plan, lead, and inspire others in Worship ministries
- the ability to communicate and work well with others
- strong organizational skills
- the ability to carry out responsibilities and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
- the ability to recruit and train others and
- proficiency and knowledge of modern worship and production equipment and media technology and software.
Key duties of the DWM include, but are not limited to, the following:
Administration of worship ministries
- administers budget for the worship ministry
- collaborates and coordinates worship services and details with staff and volunteers
- staff liaison to Worship Ministry Committee
- organizes, plans and facilitates special worship activities
- oversees use of worship space and narthex
- oversees and works with Production lead in administration of all production and media functions.
Connecting with Others
- regularly seeks out opportunities to connect with church members and visitors
- identifies and recruits individuals with vocal, musical, or technical gifts
- mentors and develops team members to lead in service
- is attentive to the spiritual support and growth of worship staff and volunteers.
Changing the World
- maintains website content and social media for worship ministry
- collaborates and shares resources with other worship directors and leaders to reach out to the community and
- stays abreast of trends in worship services.
The position qualifications are equivalent to the following:
Knowledge of: modern worship service and production practices and procedures; musical instruments and equipment; musical scales and charts; traditional, modern, and trending worship songs and hymns; and production software and equipment including ProPresenter.
Skills and abilities: Strong vocal/singing skills; ability to play one or more instruments; ability to hear and adjust production for pitch, volume, length, depth, etc; ability to identify and select songs to enhance worship experience.
Education: High school diploma or GED; college coursework in music composition or performance or related field.
Experience: 1 year or more of paid or volunteer experience participating and leading in a church worship service including leading a praise band; experience in recruiting, training, supervising and/or working with volunteers.
Must pass all phases of the selection process including a reference and background check.