SENIOR PASTOR POSITION DESCRIPTION
Full-time Salaried, Benefits as approved.
God with Pleasant Hill Baptist Church Body of Believers
The Senior Pastor at Pleasant Hill Baptist Church will provide spiritual leadership to the congregation through Biblically sound preaching, discipleship, and exemplifying Godly character. The Senior Pastor will demonstrate a high level of competency and excellence in the study of the scriptures, church leadership and organization, and equipping the church to be disciples. The Senior Pastor for Pleasant Hill Baptist Church will be a man who is called, ordained and set apart by God to the gospel ministry, evangelical in theology and is committed to living and serving in a manner consistent with the standards set forth in Scripture for Pastors.
Qualifications – The Bible provides specific qualifications for those who will lead a congregation of people. Jesus is the perfect fulfillment of these qualifications as the “Senior Pastor” of the Church.
• The Senior Pastor will be called by the Holy Spirit as defined in John 15:16 and confirmed by a body of believers through ordination as described in Acts 13:1-3.
• The Senior Pastor will be qualified to minister in the church, as required in 1 Timothy 3:1- 7 and Titus 1:5-9. • The Senior Pastor will demonstrate humility as exemplified in 1 Timothy 1:13-16.
• The Senior Pastor will be experienced in serving in a pastoral ministry position (2 Timothy 4:1-2).
• The Senior Pastor will preferably be a graduate of an accredited Southern Baptist Seminary (2 Timothy 2:15). • The Senior Pastor will support the Constitution and By-Laws of Pleasant Hill Baptist Church.
• The Senior Pastor will be fully committed to not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together. (Hebrews 10:25)
Responsibilities – The following responsibilities of the Senior Pastor may be outlined in terms of his primary Biblical roles: • Preach and teach God’s Word as led by the Spirit. Be the principal communicator of God’s Word in public worship
and ensure that the Church is growing to maturity in Christ. (Ephesians 4:11- 13; 2 Timothy 2:15; Titus 1:9)
• Be transformed by the renewal of the mind by time in prayer and personal time with the Lord. (1 Tim. 4:16; Rom. 12:1-2)
• Model the heart of the Chief Shepherd and ensure that the flock is well led, cared for, and protected. Spends at least
one day per week in the field, visiting members, visiting new residents of the community on behalf of the Church,
ministering to the sick and needy, and performing other duties of the pastorate. (1 Peter 5:1-3; 1 Cor. 2:1-5; John 21:17)
• The principal spiritual leader and vision caster of the church. (Proverbs 29:18)
• Lead the church to understand, embrace, and accomplish its mission to make disciples both locally and globally through
the vision of engaging Christ followers in worship, ministry, discipleship, fellowship, and evangelism. (Matthew 28:19)
• Models the practice of personal accountability, and evangelism, and ensures that the church is challenged and equipped
to be obedient to the Great Commission. (Acts 20:28-31; 2 Timothy 4:1-2)
• The Senior Pastor will support the ministerial staff and other leadership teams to ensure that the Great
Commission is carried out to the local community and beyond. (Acts 1:8; 2 Corinthians 2:14-16)
• The Senior Pastor will work with the ministerial staff to embrace God’s vision and purpose for the church and
translate broad goals into achievable steps. (2 Timothy 2:2)
• The Senior Pastor supports staff and lay leaders to successfully coordinate services and events. (1 Corinthians 14:40)
Current services are Sunday morning, Sunday evening, and Wednesday evening.
5635 County Road 316A, Bushnell, FL 33513 pleasanthillbaptistchurch.net