The associate pastor position will work to implement the vision of the Elders and Senior Pastor. This includes working with church staff, ministry teams and assisting other ministries in performing their assigned duties. The position’s duties and responsibilities will be re-evaluated by the Governing Board of Elders (Elders) to best utilize the gifting of the individual, to meet the needs of the Church body.
We have identified several areas in our fellowship that would benefit from this position. However, we understand that one person will not be able to fulfill all these tasks. The ideal candidate will have gifting in the several of these areas. These include (but are not limited to): Administration, Member Care, Christian Education, Worship, and Communication.
Please note that this is not primarily a preaching position as we have a Senior Pastor who fulfills that role.
- GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work to implement the goals of the Elders and Senior Pastor.
- Provide leadership and direction for assigned areas of responsibility.
- Work with existing ministries and ministry teams to increase effectiveness.
- Help to establish new ministries.
PRIMARY DUTIES and EXPECTATIONS
- Fulfill the duties of the ministry in accordance with the beliefs and direction of the church Constitution, Governing Board of Elders (Elders), and biblical principles.
- Work to make ministry vision and goals become a reality.
- Provide administrative oversight and support to assigned ministries.
- Recruit, train, and equip leaders for ministries. Collaborate with and provide support as needed to EBC ministry teams.
- Develop leadership training opportunities as needed.
- Build and maintain positive, supportive relationships with the community and persons attending EBC.
- Regularly report to direct supervisors and the Elders.
- Accept feedback and respond with appropriate actions.
- Other duties as determined by the Elders.
- Must meet the Scriptural requirements for and Elder and Deacon. 1 Timothy 3:1-10, Titus 1:5-9
- Evidence of Biblical and Theological Training.
- Must be in agreement with EBC statement of faith, vision and values.
To apply for the position, please send your letter of application and resume to: [email protected]